1966 ORIGINAL GENUINE SHELBY GT350 MUSTANG FASTBACK ROAD / RACE CAR
Caroll Shelby's fabled relationship with Ford Motor Company is one of the great stories in American racing. His most beloved creation has to be the early Mustang-based GT350. Shelby's tremendous design skill was applied to the new Ford Mustang for the 1965 model year.
UK saloon car racing in the 1960s was epitomised by the battles between the American V8s and the British Lotus Ford Cortinas, Austin Minis and Hillman Imps. The Mustangs were driven in this early period of the BTCC by Grand Prix stars of the day such as Jim Clark, Jackie Stewart and Sir Stirling Moss. It was an exciting and evocative period of motor sport and the crowds enjoyed the closeness of the racing brought about by the contrasting abilities of the nimble Cortinas and Minis and the straight line speed of the V8s.
This CUSTOM BUILT CLASSICS original example, with extensive racing redigree in the USA is confirmed by the Shelby American Automobile Club as the genuine 1966 Ford Mustang Fastback Shelby SFM 6300. Few genuine Shelbys race cars exist today with SOME values in excess of £200 000
CURRENTLY UNDERGOING COMPLETE RESTORATION
This example would suite Appendix K FIA specification for Period F making it eligible for many Historic Championship events such as the FIA Pre-66 GT Championship, Masters Series or the fantastic Spa 6 Hours.
Full UK road registration opens up the possibility of using this dramatic car for tours and road rallies.
1966 GENUINE SHELBY MUSTANG ROAD / RACE CAR
1966 MUSTANG FASTBACK SHELBY GT350H RACE CAR
This is an extremely rare and original 1966 Ford SHELBY Mustang that has been raced in the SVRA / HSR series in the USA by a gentleman driver for a decade - a time warp discovery that has been off the track since 2010. Now in development / re engineered as a rather unique road car with full UK MOT, while maintaining the historic significance of this Shelby example
* extensive history as a successful HSR race car prepared by Gary Jones Motorsport and owned / driven by William Dickson Rathbone
* sizable collection of original Historic Series Racing scrutineering stickers on the windshield
* original perspex as well as glass set of racing front / rear window screens
* powered by cammed 289 Ford K-Code OHV V8
UNDERGOING RESTORATION 2020/21
* four speed manual transmission
* hurst shifter
* limited slip differential
* front brembo discs / rear drum brakes
* suspension - adjustable camber / tie rods / struts.
* quick-ratio steering
* a highly unique example with extensive history as a successful HSR race car for 12 years
UK REGISTERED with new MOT
CUSTOM BUILT CLASSICS prices are ex factory / North Devon / UK - insured delivery is available throughout mainland UK for a fixed fee of £395. We are able to facilitate international transportation as required. Contact us for further information