1966 SHELBY GT350 MUSTANG FASTBACK ROAD / RACE CAR
A genuine and original Shelby Mustang - registration number SFM630.
Caroll Shelby's fabled relationship with Ford Motor Company is one of the great stories in American racing. His most beloved creation has to be the early Mustang-based GT350. Shelby's tremendous design skill was applied to the new Ford Mustang for the 1965 model year.
UK saloon car racing in the 1960s was epitomised by the battles between the American V8s and the British Lotus Ford Cortinas, Austin Minis and Hillman Imps. The Mustangs were driven in this early period of the BTCC by Grand Prix stars of the day such as Jim Clark, Jackie Stewart and Sir Stirling Moss. It was an exciting and evocative period of motor sport and the crowds enjoyed the closeness of the racing brought about by the contrasting abilities of the nimble Cortinas and Minis and the straight line speed of the V8s.
This Mustang, with extensive racing redigree in the USA and imported to add to a personal collection in 2016 is a great example of historic saloons of that era
UNDERGOING COMPLETE RESTORATION and FIA RATIFICATION FOR COMPETITION IN 2023
This example suites Appendix K FIA specification for Period F making it eligible for many Historic Championship events such as the FIA Pre-66 GT Championship, Masters Series or the fantastic Spa 6 Hours.
1966 GT350 MUSTANG SHELBY ROAD / RACE CAR
1966 MUSTANG FASTBACK SHELBY GT350H RACE CAR
This is an extremely rare and original 1966 Shelby Ford Mustang that has been raced in the SVRA / HSR series in the USA by a gentleman driver for a decade - a time warp discovery that has been off the track since 2010.
Now imported into the UK and in development / re engineered as a rather unique road / race car with full UK MOT, while maintaining the historic significance of this example.
A confirmed genuine and original Shelby Mustang - SAAC registered / number SFM630.
* extensive history as a successful HSR race car prepared by Gary Jones Motorsport and owned / driven by William Dickson Rathbone
* sizable collection of original Historic Series Racing scrutineering stickers on the windshield
* original perspex as well as glass set of racing front / rear window screens
* seized engine removed / requiring extensive restoration to bring this car back to its former glory
* four speed manual transmission
* hurst shifter
* limited slip differential
* front brembo discs / rear drum brakes
* suspension - adjustable camber / tie rods / struts.
* quick-ratio steering
* a highly unique example with extensive history as a successful HSR race car for 12 years
UK REGISTERED with new MOT
CUSTOM BUILT CLASSICS prices are ex factory / North Devon / UK - insured delivery is available throughout mainland UK. We are able to facilitate international transportation as required. Contact us for further information