1956 FORD THUNDERBIRD V8 AUTO
First generation Thunderbirds are of the most iconic and collectable American automobiles, coming onto the scene in 1955 in direct response to the Chevrolet Corvette and outselling it, thanks to its superior V8 engine and greater refinement.
This eye catching ‘numbers matching’ and low mileage California car, in family ownership for over thirty years, is original in every aspect having done only 29000 miles since new.
Finished in the best colour combination of colonial white with matching black / white interior and white hardtop, this car is completely original, save recent new paint and reflecting fifty years of careful ownership.
The chassis, body, paintwork and factory chrome are in excellent condition.
* original Ford V8 312 engine
* original Ford-o-Matic auto gearbox
* original factory hardtop in excellent condition
* full continental pack including original spare wheel and jack
* complete fender skirt covers
* original dash / instruments including backlit speedometer in very good condition
* very presentable interior
* original Town & Country radio - in full working order
* extensive document file - including original Ventura, California Ford dealer invoice, owner’s manual and service receipts confirming mileage / superb maintenance program while in previous ownership
* new battery
* Firestone whitewall tyres
* an effortless, reliable and completely enjoyable drive !
Own an outstanding original example of this iconic car - which must be one of the best and most 'genuine' early model Thunderbirds in the country !
See a brief video of this car on youtube
Paperwork in order. New MOT
Traded for another car of interest - a great driver and ready to be enjoyed by the new owner as we will not be adding this car to our collection.
1956 FORD THUNDERBIRD
Conceived to challenge Chevrolet’s Corvette sports car, the iconic Thunderbird debuted in October 1954 and was one of the first models produced with Ford’s new overhead-valve V8 engine. Introduced in two-seat ‘personal car’ form, the Thunderbird was intended to appeal to image-conscious younger customers, and beat the Corvette hands down in the sales war thanks to its superior V8 engine and greater refinement.